...because we want to be free to explore.



Saturday, July 15, 2017

                              Christmas In July, Anyone?!



Christmas brings special magic to most of us, it transports one to the land of whimsy and lights. It puts us in a state of spiritual solace that causes our giving hearts to explode.We turn our homes into a place of comfort, inviting, entertaining, and for the most part, joyous. I love Christmas season, not only that it is  my birth month, but for the obvious reasons mentioned above--but Christmas in July?? I have a hard time putting myself in that mode when it is sweltering hot outside and teens walk around in their teeny weeny bikinis. I can understand how one might feel a December Christmas in the southern hemisphere. They, probably, more than most of us here in the north, would welcome celebrating it in July. I grew up in the Philippines. I did not have snow capped mountains and trees in December but it would be a tad cold in the Mindanao mountains where I was raised. Thick fog, that's what I had!  And yes, it had me in a bustling "holidayish" mood...but sweaty July?? Nah!!
July is my night gardening time. When the sky is bright and the noon day has passed, I take my little shovel and do some weeding.  In the evening, I would lie down on the cool grass and look up at the starlit sky.
Here in the north, there are some that celebrates Christmas in July. I know Hallmark TV does. Businesses, on the other hand, use it as marketing tool. I fall into that later category. So here I am, in the heat of the day, I have my air conditioning blasting throughout the whole house, my fireplace lit, and the mantle decked, photo shooting and sweaty. Please tell me I did a good job or else I would be bawling!! No, after all, it's Christmas!!

Visit angieandlois.etsy.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for sharing a piece of your thoughts.